Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Belle Turned Bride - Photographer Martin Haseman

My friends call me un-photogenic. I’ve been told that something happens the moment the flash goes off; they’ve seen it happen countless times. A twitch of the face and my normal, pretty smile is morphed into a frightening triple-chin sporting nightmare.
I’ve heard all the tips; weight on your back foot, don’t stand straight on, smile with your tongue on the roof of your mouth, close your eyes until I say “3.” I may be a lost cause but is it wrong of me to hope for a few perfectly frame-worthy pictures from my wedding day?? I don’t think so!
I know I speak for Spencer and I when I say that choosing a photographer was one of the most important decisions we had to make for our wedding. Pictures will be the one thing we can take away when the festivities are over. I want them to be artistic, romantic, emotional, and to capture the true essence of who we are. I also have a personal goal of having a photographer who is capable of capturing my best angle (if there is one).

Martin Haseman of Martin Haseman Photography
In my years of working weddings I have met some unbelievable photographers. I have spent countless hours scrolling through their colorful blogs in awe of their sheer talent. Martin Haseman is among them. I presented his work to Spencer shortly after we returned from Italy and he was (obviously) equally impressed. We are thrilled that Martin will be photographing our wedding. His work captures all of the aspects we were looking for in a photographer. I also know from personal experience that he is absolutely wonderful to work with. I am excited to have someone I know and trust behind the lens. I also think his cool-calm demeanor may have just what it takes to reign in the triple-chinned beast. I guess we will see during our engagement session next month!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow thanks for the lovely comments! I'll work hard to make sure you have some wonderful wedding pictures... can't wait for the big day! xox

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter